March 05, 2009

Kristen talks about her "Psychotic Situation" remark

Kristen Stewart sat down with Nylon Magazine recently for an interview where she referred to Twilight as a "psychotic situation."

MoviesOnline caught up with her this morning at the Los Angeles press day for her new film, “The Cake Eaters.” She sets the record straight about the "psychotic situation" issue which might have been twisted into a negative connotation by the tabloids. She also talks about New Moon and its official shooting day.

Q: Since the Nylon interview came out, do you feel like you’re playing with fire when you talk about the Twilight fans?

KRISTEN STEWART: No, because I love the Twilight fans. I have literally never said anything remotely negative about them. You have to stay away from certain key words that can be twisted into a negative connotation, like the word ‘psychotic’ apparently is really bad. I don’t understand why. I mean, I feel like it’s a really humble position to take that it’s not normal to find yourself in a situation where there are 5,000 screaming girls and you’re literally like fodder. I feel like that’s not normal and it’s not something I should just say, “Oh yeah, it’s really cool. I love ‘em.” I feel like everything that I said in that Nylon interview, if you actually read the whole thing, was very honest and genuine and talking about something that I am so immersed in and have absolutely no control over and I’m just trying to stay honest and true to something that I care about. Yeah, that’s it.

Q: Well allow me to take you in the proper context. When do you start shooting the next installment of the Twilight saga, New Moon?

KRISTEN STEWART: Very soon. In a couple weeks. March 23rd I think is the first official day of shooting.

Q: Are you excited about the next one? Is there a part of it you’re looking most forward to shooting?

KRISTEN STEWART: Yeah. I mean, it’s interesting. It’s a completely different story. It’s like it entirely undermines the first. Edward is gone and, for me, that was the whole story. It’s hard for me to get past like… I don’t know how Bella is going to deal with that. She matures a lot. It’s a much more painful story than the first one. It’s actually quite devastating. It’s a smaller scale as well. She’s very solitary for quite a while so that will be interesting. I’m excited about that.

Source: MoviesOnline

0 comments:

Post a Comment